Why Health Hippo?
Did you know that only 40% of the people who search online for medical information are satisfied, even after searching more than 2 hours? Imagine a reliable resource that does all the legwork for you so that you are well-informed, in 10 minutes, and can be your own best advocate for your health. You don’t have to imagine. We’ve created that, right here.
What Makes Us Different?
Where Does Our Information Come From?
You can trust the information on Health Hippo because we have a thorough, transparent process for how we source and vet the information, free from any dependency on paid-advertisements to buy a product or make an appointment. Our approach taps into the views of many medical experts, rather than just one doctor with just one view. Here are the steps in our process to ensure Health Hippo is providing the most timely, relevant and reliable medical information available.
- Identify condition with high volume search activity
- Evaluate the quality of information provided for routes with >80% of web traffic
- Prioritize top questions and information problems that dominate consumer search
- Capture insights from clinical resources, including information that sits behind physician paywalls
- Inventory content from condition-specific, emergency medicine, pharmacist, physical therapy, nursing science, dentistry, and other major medical associations
- Write about the condition, including ratings, in Health Hippo’s structured format
Test & Finalize Content
- Gather physician feedback as well as other care providers
- Gather consumer feedback, including reading ease and time test
- Create images and articles to ensure strong relatability
- Establish content maintenance schedule
Lower Back Pain
Who’s Behind Health Hippo?
My name is Cathy Kenworthy, and I’ve founded Health Hippo because I believe information has the power to transform entire industries, and it’s more than time for that transformation in healthcare. To be clear, I’m not a doctor. As a lifelong businessperson, I’m trained to use information, along with critical thinking, to solve problems for customers. I’ve applied that training specifically in healthcare as I’ve been the CEO of a healthcare company that worked with over 1 million consumers every year, a senior executive at one of the 10 largest healthcare companies in the world, an Emergency Medical Technician, and a phlebotomist.
I have also brought Health Hippo to life because of who I am as a wife, mother, sister, friend, co-worker, and most especially a daughter. My mother was a nurse, born and raised in Ireland, who innately appreciated that 75% of us believe a healthcare decision is the most important and expensive decision that we make. Through her care for others, whether as a midwife or geriatric nurse, my mom instilled in me the importance of absolutely insisting on getting good information to make those decisions. These days, a small legion of friends and family turn to me to help them do the research when health problems arise. And now, through Health Hippo, many more of us can access information to transform our health decisions and, bit-by-bit, play a role in improving the entire healthcare industry.
Sign up for our newsletter
Share your email to get the “behind the scenes” scoop as Health Hippo comes to life.